It’s the season of house parties and many of you may be planning on inviting a friend or two over the upcoming holidays. But while at-home-parties can be so greatly entertaining, organizing them can easily become overwhelming — making sure that everything is on top while also finding the best recipes can be challenging. If you are one of those people who still hasn’t planned what will be gracing the dinner table at your upcoming house party, and if this season you’d like to impress your guests with some easy-made Japanese food, here is one of my best recipes that my friends and family members have come to enjoy very often at my home. It’s easy, delicious, and perfectly fit for a larger group of guests. Enjoy!
Teriyaki Beef Mince Canapé
*Makes 15 portions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion peeled and finely diced
- 450g good quality beef mince
- Lettuce cups to serve
- Handful mangetout finely sliced to garnish
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons mirin
- 4 tablespoons sake
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Mix the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce together in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved, then set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium-sized saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and fry for few minutes on a medium to low heat (do not brown the onion).
- Add the mince and stir using a wooden spoon to help break up the mince. Continue to fry until the meat is nearly cooked (do not cook the meat fully or it may become dry).
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the mince and mix well together. Cook on a high heat for a few minutes, then let it simmer until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve on lettuce cups and garnish with